Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

Hello Sadness - Francoise Sagan

Listen! I will tell you a story.
A year ago, I listened to an audio book for the first time. Of course I knew cassettes from my childhood, but this is a different experience. They not only tell you a story but read it to you.

One very important aspect is the reader's voice. The audio book stands or falls on it.
 Francoise Sagan's novel "Hello Sadness" was published in 1954. The author was only 18 years old.
The novel tells the story about the 17 year - old Cécile who spends the summer with her father and his mistress on the French Riviera. The plot focuses on the relationship between Cécile and Anne, her father's latest love affair. Both women fight for the father's attention. While Anne and the father want to marry, Cécile only wants to prevent the marriage. 

BonjourTristesse.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment